Can a female dog go into heat more than every six months?

I have a female dog who was in heat 3 months ago..is it possible for her to be in heat again? She isn't bleeding, but is acting like she is in heat towards my male dog. Also can she get pregnant...i don't think so..if she isn't in heat? Never owned a…

I have a female dog who was in heat 3 months ago..is it possible for her to be in heat again? She isn't bleeding, but is acting like she is in heat towards my male dog. Also can she get pregnant...i don't think so..if she isn't in heat? Never owned a…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can a female dog go into heat more than every six months?...

• Can a female dog go into heat more than every six months?

Can a female dog go into heat more than every six months? General Dog Discussions
      I have a female dog who was in heat 3 months ago..is it possible for her to be in heat again? She isn't bleeding, but is acting like she is in heat towards my male dog. Also can she get pregnant...i don't think so..if she isn't in heat? Never owned a female dog beforeshe is almost 10 months old..been in heat once before.

Can a female dog go into heat more than every six months? General Dog Discussions
    • It is possible for a female dog to come into season more than once every six months. I had a female that routinely came in heat every 3-4 months for her entire life. I wouldn't worry if it looks like a normal heat. If you are really concerned, you can take her to see your vet. But in answer to your question - yes, definitely!