How can I tell if my dog has miscarried?

My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred 3.5 wks ago. Last night we found a red thick mucus on the floor. Is this a sign that she has miscarried? If so, are we able to try and breed her again next season? Many thanks for your answers......

My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred 3.5 wks ago. Last night we found a red thick mucus on the floor. Is this a sign that she has miscarried? If so, are we able to try and breed her again next season? Many thanks for your answers.........
    General Dog Discussions : How can I tell if my dog has miscarried?...

• How can I tell if my dog has miscarried?

How can I tell if my dog has miscarried? General Dog Discussions
      My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred 3.5 wks ago. Last night we found a red thick mucus on the floor. Is this a sign that she has miscarried? If so, are we able to try and breed her again next season? Many thanks for your answers......

How can I tell if my dog has miscarried? General Dog Discussions
    • the only dog I've ever had that miscarried was a doberman and she did it in my bed, there was a lot of blood and messstill I would call my vet and ask him, if she did, you will need to make sure that they all came out - if they don't, they will rot and cause your dog to have a hysterectomy or worse

• The most common reason for early abortion is the STD brucelosis..You should really have her tested for that before attempting to breed again.. Your vet will know your dog's general health and condition when she gets her check up, and can advise whether to breed again or wait through a season.. Hopefully the abortion wasn't caused by Brucelosis, as there is no cure..If it is, the owner of the male needs to know..as he can't be used for breeding again..