What is the best external way to daily groom a Chihuahua?

My 7.6 pound short haired chihuahua is 4 years old. He eats Natural Balance and about 4-5 baby carrots a day. I wash him monthly with Oster oatmeal anti-shed dog wash. My vet says his food will decrease his shedding in time. While we wait, what is a good…

My 7.6 pound short haired chihuahua is 4 years old. He eats Natural Balance and about 4-5 baby carrots a day. I wash him monthly with Oster oatmeal anti-shed dog wash. My vet says his food will decrease his shedding in time. While we wait, what is a good…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best external way to daily groom a Chihuahua?...

• What is the best external way to daily groom a Chihuahua?

What is the best external way to daily groom a Chihuahua? General Dog Discussions
      My 7.6 pound short haired chihuahua is 4 years old. He eats Natural Balance and about 4-5 baby carrots a day. I wash him monthly with Oster oatmeal anti-shed dog wash. My vet says his food will decrease his shedding in time. While we wait, what is a good external way to lessen his shedding and shine up his coat? Brushes seem to roll uneven over his ribs and the Petsmart lint-catcher glove is as big as his body! Any tips/suggestions?

What is the best external way to daily groom a Chihuahua? General Dog Discussions
    • You can get a "hound mitt" it is a rubber mitt with little nibs of rubber all over it. YOu slip it onto your hand and it will conform to all the curves on your chi. It get rid of the dead undercoat quiet nicely. Rub the mitt backwards over the body to lift the guard hairs and get at the undercoat (which is what sheds) 30 yrs grooming.