What is the solution for a dogs luxating patella?

My dog has a dislocated knee cap on occasion. I haven't been walking her. Would that have anything to do with it?

My dog has a dislocated knee cap on occasion. I haven't been walking her. Would that have anything to do with it?...
    General Dog Discussions : What is the solution for a dogs luxating patella?...

• What is the solution for a dogs luxating patella?

What is the solution for a dogs luxating patella? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has a dislocated knee cap on occasion. I haven't been walking her. Would that have anything to do with it?

What is the solution for a dogs luxating patella? General Dog Discussions
    • Their 'kneecaps' jump out of alignment usually due to breeding issues or sometimes developmental trauma. It is as if the ridges and gooves are not well enough formed and the support mechanisms ae too loose.Surgical treatment is sometimes necessary to the kneecap and its surrounding tissues. Trochlear modification deepens the groove. The knee cap can be fixed down tighter so that it runs straight. They can even, in a tibial crest transposition, alter and reattach tendons and their anchor points. Recovery should be within 1-2 months if all goes OK. Talk with your vet about this.