Is it harmful to give your dog two frontline doses within a month?

When I found fleas on my dog, I ran to the pet store and bought frontline. When I applied it to my dog's coat, he shook, so it spread onto the hair instead of being absorbed into the skin. So, now that it's been two or more weeks, he still has fleas. …

When I found fleas on my dog, I ran to the pet store and bought frontline. When I applied it to my dog's coat, he shook, so it spread onto the hair instead of being absorbed into the skin. So, now that it's been two or more weeks, he still has fleas. …...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it harmful to give your dog two frontline doses within a month?...

• Is it harmful to give your dog two frontline doses within a month?

Is it harmful to give your dog two frontline doses within a month? General Dog Discussions
      When I found fleas on my dog, I ran to the pet store and bought frontline. When I applied it to my dog's coat, he shook, so it spread onto the hair instead of being absorbed into the skin. So, now that it's been two or more weeks, he still has fleas. Would it be dangerous to apply a second coat, even though it hasn't been a month, because the first dose didn't work?

Is it harmful to give your dog two frontline doses within a month? General Dog Discussions
    • Well, frontline goes into the skin, and gets absorbs. That's why people shouldn't touch there dogs after they have front line put on. I'm not sure if it's really dangerous, but I wouldn't do it anymore. I think he'd be fine, but I wouldn't risk the chance with my dogs.My advice next time? Just give your dog a flea bath, or get him a flea color. Seeeeeee, problemo fixed! XDHope that helped! ;)

• wait for it to be 3 weeks. Then it should be ok. granted it would probably be ok now, but better safe than sorry. This time when you apply it, hold him from shaking and rub it into the skin with two fingers... then wash your hands.

• You need to wait for at least 3 weeks. If it is a bad flea infestation just 1 dose of frontline will not take care of the problem. It can take up to 3 months to kill the whole life cycle of the flea. Even if it got on his fur the natural body oils should disperse the medication ok. If in doubt when it is close to the 3 weeks bath the dog really good and wash the area good.. Then re-apply.. Flea collars do not work and flea shampoos do not have any residuals.

• First of all, Frontline is a preventative medication that will not get rid of a present infestation. Do not apply more this month and always wait until a full month has passed before applying another in the future.You should be using interventive methods for fleas at this point. Shampoos...bombs...also, make sure they can be used in tandem and call your vet for recommendations to avoid over toxification...remember...office visits cost money but advice over the phone is free.On Frontline:The time periods and dosages are recommend for very important reasons - these treatments are extremely toxic. Think about it...they literally KILL living things. Very bad for animals to be over-exposed and can cause irreversible damage and all kinds of symptoms.How much does your dog weigh? Make sure the frontline you are using is appropriate for his weight. If he has not been weighed in a long time or you are unsure of his weight, call your vet or go weigh him there or at Pet Smart.