about vet malpractice?

I took my dog to a vet regarding a cough The vet was new and couldnt speak any english and gave him a injection and I took him home next day he died at another vet of fluid on the lungs acute pneumonia No amount of money could bring our beloved pet back…

about vet malpractice?

I took my dog to a vet regarding a cough The vet was new and couldnt speak any english and gave him a injection and I took him home next day he died at another vet of fluid on the lungs acute pneumonia No amount of money could bring our beloved pet back…...
    General Dog Discussions : about vet malpractice?...

• about vet malpractice?

about vet malpractice? General Dog Discussions
      I took my dog to a vet regarding a cough The vet was new and couldnt speak any english and gave him a injection and I took him home next day he died at another vet of fluid on the lungs acute pneumonia No amount of money could bring our beloved pet back to us but I complained about his treatment and was told that our dog had had a serious condition and that we hd refused to have a xray at the treatment consultantation This is completly wrong as we would have spent any money it needed to take if we had known it was seroius condition The reason our beloved dog died was that the vet could not communicate with his customers due to his lack of english.I believe the owner of the vet pratise is at fault to employ this vet as we have to rely on his judgement to employ the right staff to take care of our pets I know of other cases that the vet was unable to communicate with other clients.I feel guilty that if I had taken my dog to another vet he could be alive today

about vet malpractice?

about vet malpractice? General Dog Discussions
    • What's the question? If you feel the vet did wrong, you should report the vet to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.. the governing body in the UK.http://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/complaints/You can also notify the clinic that you were not satisfied. You should encourage others to do the same. If they hear enough, the vet should be unemployed soon. If no one speaks up, they will never know. If people speak up and the clinic refuses to do anything, then you may need to make the decision to move on to another clinic. Good luck! I'm sorry for your loss..

• Well, complain to the owner of the vet clinic.But why in the world would you stand there like a do-do not understanding a word that was said, and then take your dog home? Why didn't you speak up then and there and say to the receptionist that you couldn't understand the vet, and could you please see another vet so you could have your questions answered?And since you didn't understand what was said, how do you know that you DIDN'T refuse the X-ray? Probably the vet asked you, and you just stood there staring at him. I'm sorry about your dog, but there is such a thing as personal responsibility. As to whether or not your dog could have been saved by another vet, we'll never know. But if he was so sick that he died the next day, chances aren't good that he would have made it. Anyway, let the clinic know about the problem. Not much they can do but refund what you paid.EDIT:@Digitalis: "not everyone has the ability to speak up sometimes especially if they are an older person."The Asker certainly spoke up HERE, didn't they? And what does age matter? Older people have perfectly good brains, or do you think they're all senile?? Unless their mouth was duct-taped shut, they not only had the ability to speak up, but in this case their dog's life might have depended on it. When I'm at the vet's, I ask questions. And if I don't understand what the vet said, I ask MORE questions until I feel I've grasped the situation. I don't care if the vet thinks I'm being a pest--I am well aware that my pets' health depends on the decisions that *I* make on their behalf. And on a few occasions, I've taken my dog to a second vet clinic because I doubted the advice/diagnosis I was given by the first vet. And yes, on at least one occasion, I saved my dog's life by doing that. My dog appeared paralyzed after a fall down the stairs. The emergency vet wanted to euthanize him after showing me an X-ray and pointing out a broken hip and damage to a lower vertebra. No, I don't have any idea how to read X-rays, but something just didn't sound right. My dog didn't seem to be in undue pain, so I decided to wait and take him to his regular vet in the morning. Looking at the VERY SAME X-ray (which I'd brought with me), my own vet said there was NO damage to the hip or spine, and that there was soft tissue damage only...the dog was already able to walk a bit and was fine within a few days.It helps to keep in mind that 50% of vets graduate in the bottom half of their class....and even the best vet can be wrong on rare occasion. "the remarks made by Helen rempel who sounds like she has some connection within the vet industry"Guess again. The only "connection" I have or have ever had with the vet industry is taking my pets there for care.

• I would like to respond to the insensitive comment made by Helen rempel.not everyone has the ability to speak up sometimes especially if they are an older person.they can't all be as outspoken as you so have some respect.this family is grieving and not over a pet that got old and passed away but by a vet practice employing a vet with limited english capabilities.it sounds like he did not make clear the possible seriousness of this case.it sounds like the owner would do anything for their pet so it seems strange that an owner of this calibre would 'not have an x ray if it was supposedly offered by this vet to help the animals life'.I hope the remarks made by Helen rempel who sounds like she has some connection within the vet industry, convinces the pet owner to report this vet to the necessary organisation.unfortunately this poor animals vet appointment was like signing a death warrant.

• We had similar problems with our vet of nearly 30 years when they started employing young foreign vets - language didn't seem to be a problem but general attitude did and I have since heard from a friend who still uses this surgery that the lead clinician there is adopting some of their attitudes. We moved to another vet after the death of my beautiful cat because I suspected some dodgy doings but could not prove it. I'm not sure what part of the world you are in but if you are unhappy with a vet's treatment or whatever, there will be a governing body who will mediate and look into this for you. It's worth checking out