what do ingrown toenails look like on dogs?

My dog has a extra toenail looking thing in the middle of its paw. The extra "thing" looks like a toenail but its softer and my dog doesnt seem to be bothered by it. any help?

My dog has a extra toenail looking thing in the middle of its paw. The extra "thing" looks like a toenail but its softer and my dog doesnt seem to be bothered by it. any help?...
    General Dog Discussions : what do ingrown toenails look like on dogs?...

• what do ingrown toenails look like on dogs?

what do ingrown toenails look like on dogs? General Dog Discussions
      My dog has a extra toenail looking thing in the middle of its paw. The extra "thing" looks like a toenail but its softer and my dog doesnt seem to be bothered by it. any help?

what do ingrown toenails look like on dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • As far as I know a toenail is a toenail. And usually the only way a dog gets an ingrown toenail is if the nail is so long it curls and starts growing into the paw. Which is painful. If the dog is licking it even a little it could be it is annoying him. But I would have it looked at by a vet.

• It sounds like he just has an extra toe, totally useless and if it's not bothering him at all then it should be ok. One of my mums dogs had one on the back of her leg and it never bothered her at all. It's just a freak of nature and nothing to worry about I'm sure but if in doubt get the vet to check it out but then again it might be an excuse for him to make money by offering to remove it and risk infection. Don't ever have a toe removed if you can help it, I have known of many that have gone on to get the most horrible infections up their legs.