What do you use to wash the stains on your dogs stained under eyes?

I have a chihuahua and he has stains under his eyes from them running, what do you use to keep them from looking nasty all the time, a chihuahua breeder told me to use water and boric acid, I asked a pharmacist today about that and he said not to use…

I have a chihuahua and he has stains under his eyes from them running, what do you use to keep them from looking nasty all the time, a chihuahua breeder told me to use water and boric acid, I asked a pharmacist today about that and he said not to use…...
    General Dog Discussions : What do you use to wash the stains on your dogs stained under eyes?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do you use to wash the stains on your dogs stained under eyes?

What do you use to wash the stains on your dogs stained under eyes? General Dog Discussions
      I have a chihuahua and he has stains under his eyes from them running, what do you use to keep them from looking nasty all the time, a chihuahua breeder told me to use water and boric acid, I asked a pharmacist today about that and he said not to use that because it's not pure and could make you dog go blind. He suggested to use Saline and a cotton pad, what do you use?

What do you use to wash the stains on your dogs stained under eyes? General Dog Discussions
    • they actually make doggie wipes specifcally for that in your pet store go in and ask.we use them on my familys bull dog we saw the groomer using them and went hey great idea.

• in wal-mart in the pet dept, there is a small square plastic box with fluid filled q-tips, some are for the stains that you are talking about and some are for cleaning the ears...i use both and they work great. easy to use too.

• I agree with the doggie wipes and either the saline with a cotton ball. DO NOT PUT ANY KIND OF BURNING PRODUCT! I work at a vet hospital and we just tell them that that is just part of the breed and alot of it might have to do with allergies and you have to clean it away with a soft pad and water so do not gunk up the eye and get infected. Im sorry that there isnt much......Luckily it;s a chihuahua and not a shitzu with eye gunk caked all over it's face!!!!! Does he take any allergy meds?