What's a good home remedy for a dog's upset stomach?

My freind's dog has an upset stomach and she wanted to know if there's anything she can find at home or very cheap to buy at a store to help a dog's upset stomach. Or maybe some human medicine's that can help a dog, if there's any and/or safe.

What's a good home remedy for a dog's upset stomach?

My freind's dog has an upset stomach and she wanted to know if there's anything she can find at home or very cheap to buy at a store to help a dog's upset stomach. Or maybe some human medicine's that can help a dog, if there's any and/or safe....
    General Dog Discussions : What's a good home remedy for a dog's upset stomach?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pepto-Bismol is the best thing. the amount is One Teaspoon per 5 pounds. give every 6 hours. take up the food, just give some water. give 1/2 of what your friend feeds tomorrow morning. if the dog still doesnt want to eat that, then take it up and give some tomorrow late afternoon. if there is no vomitting or diarrhea then you should be ok. but if vomitting occurs with 48 hours of stomach upset, take the dog to a vet. but it's proably just something the dog ate and will get over it within 24 hours. you could take the dogs temp (with a digital thmometer insert in rectual area) nomal temp range is 101 - 102 degrees farinheit. if over 102.5 tell your friend to take the dog to the vet tomorrow morning or afternoon.o yeah, sometimes a dog will eat grass if his/her stomach is upset. this will help the dog vommit. so dont worry if you see the dog eating some grass, its good for them when having an upset stomach. ***And please do not give the dog hamburger. this will only upset the stomach more.*** you can try boiled white rice.

• give the dog cooked white rice, maybe with some boiled, white chicken meat -- this is very mild for their stomach, and usually helps settle the stomach. Also, if you make sure the rice isn't entirely dry, the dog gets some extra fluids -- they easily get dehydrated if they have diarrhea. Keep in mind that rice isn't as filling as dog food and he might need a little more rice than dog food. If the dog is small, get him to a vet if the problem persists -- you might not think it's that serious, but a small dog can EASILY be fatally dehydrated if he has diarrhea for a few days, and may actually die from it (my dog actually had to be hospitalized with an IV for HOURS, because he was so dehydrated, and it happened superfast.)

• An upset stomach can be a serious thing. If it only happens once in a while then it could be a reaction to the food it is eating. Tell her to take it's temperature rectally. It takes only about 2 minutes and if it's over 102.5 take it to a vet.If no fever or Diarrhea then make sure she only feeds dry dog food of a good quality that is Chicken based. You can give Keopectate which helps calm the stomach and slow down a loose stool. Do not give Peto Bismal it contains aspirin and can cause bleeding. Give water or offer Gatorade mixed in it for the dog to drink. You can also offer some cooked white rice or even Banana Baby food.Watch the dog close and make sure it has not eaten any house plants. Certain house plants or bushes in the yard can be poisons. Good Luck, hope the dog get better!

• The best remedy is to fast on nothing but water for 12 hours, then feed boiled chicken and white rice for 1 week. Clears the system right up, no problem.If they really want to use medication, which I do not recommend unless absolutely necessary, you can use Pepcid or Pepto Bismal, very small amounts. (Or Mylanta, or most similar stomach products). But seriously, just the fast and the chicken/rice will do the trick better.

• One of my boxers gets "trashitis", and my vet gives him a prescription of Flagyl and Pepsid AC!! The last time he had this, I gave him the Flagyl and Pepsid AC, in the vets parking lot, by the time we got home, he was literally smiling and running around the back yard! That's how quick the medication worked! We had been up all night the night before with the belly ache!!!