How do I cure my dog from scabies?

A adopted a dog and I noticed it had an itching problem, but then I found out it has scabies. She scratches constantly to the point where she has cut herself behind the ears. She also had really dry skin. What do I do?

A adopted a dog and I noticed it had an itching problem, but then I found out it has scabies. She scratches constantly to the point where she has cut herself behind the ears. She also had really dry skin. What do I do?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I cure my dog from scabies?...

• How do I cure my dog from scabies?

How do I cure my dog from scabies? General Dog Discussions
      A adopted a dog and I noticed it had an itching problem, but then I found out it has scabies. She scratches constantly to the point where she has cut herself behind the ears. She also had really dry skin. What do I do?

How do I cure my dog from scabies? General Dog Discussions
    • Give the dog some salmon oil, a little olive oil on the food, a raw egg.It is treated from the inside. Something is lacking in the diet to dry the skin out, like oils.

• The scabies is caused by a small parasitic mite that can be cured with medication from your vet. It will likely be prescribed in a shampoo that you bathe your dog with once or twice a week. Once the mites are cured, the skin condition should improve, but make sure that your pup is getting a high-quality, grain free food, as most dogs have dry skin due to diet issues.You can also squeeze in a gel capsule of Fish Oil, which should help her coat and skin recover from the infection. And after the mites, don't bathe your dog more than once a month (unless they roll in something gross), because that can also cause very dry skin. Use a soothing shampoo, usually with Aloe, which will keep the skin from drying out when you do bath her.

• The hair must be clipped away from affected area the pet has to be bathed using a benzoyl peroxide shampoo which will loosen scales and makes it possible for an insecticide dip to penetrate the hair pores.*It must be treated under veterinary supervision.