Can i use fronline spot on on pregnant dog?

Also is it OK to bath her and what sort of shampoo should i use?

Also is it OK to bath her and what sort of shampoo should i use?...
    General Dog Discussions : Can i use fronline spot on on pregnant dog?...

• Can i use fronline spot on on pregnant dog?

Can i use fronline spot on on pregnant dog? General Dog Discussions
      Also is it OK to bath her and what sort of shampoo should i use?

Can i use fronline spot on on pregnant dog? General Dog Discussions
    • No, Frontline states on the label not to use on sick, pregnant or nursing dogs. As far as bathing her she will be fine with any mild shampoo. Consult your vet before using a flea and tick shampoo. If you are in doubt, you can always check the label! :)Edit- I take that back. I went to the website and Frontline Plus is gentle enough for puppies and pregnant dogs. Here is the site. http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/

• i understand that dogs and humans are different.. but just like the dr. tells a prego woman to watch the meds that she takes bc of what is in it.. could cause a birth deffect.. you deff dont want that!

• You can absolutely use Frontline on a pregnant dog, the chemicals will not hurt the puppies in the least. Make sure you follow the general rules for applying; apply at night, when pet is calm and unlikely to rub off product, and DO NOT bathe for 48 hours before or after using flea medications. If your dog has fleas, I would recommend using the Frontline first, since it will start killing fleas in about 20 minutes, then wait a couple days and bathe with any gentle dog shampoo, but ultimately, you must decide whether bathing or flea treatment is the priority and do that first. Since your pet is pregnant, be extra careful when bathing that the water temp is plenty warm (should feel warm to the inside of your wrist) and that she stays warm while drying. If she is near to giving birth, also be extra careful that you dry her behind area very well, to prevent bacteria growth.Good luck with the rest of pregnancy and mommyhood!