where can i find a vet nearby that does zinc neutering?

i would prefer the non invasive sterilization compared to castration, i have read that there is alot of complications that can happen with the snip, and with the injection route there is no side affects.I live in New Mexico if that helps

i would prefer the non invasive sterilization compared to castration, i have read that there is alot of complications that can happen with the snip, and with the injection route there is no side affects.I live in New Mexico if that helps...
    General Dog Discussions : where can i find a vet nearby that does zinc neutering?...

• where can i find a vet nearby that does zinc neutering?

where can i find a vet nearby that does zinc neutering? General Dog Discussions
      i would prefer the non invasive sterilization compared to castration, i have read that there is alot of complications that can happen with the snip, and with the injection route there is no side affects.I live in New Mexico if that helps

where can i find a vet nearby that does zinc neutering? General Dog Discussions
    • The injection route !!!!I think you have been misinformed here. Not only is the injection route NOT PERMANENT.. it lasts only for 3 months, but it is also known to have far more side effects than actual castration.Castration itself has NO side effects ...FACT.. Please have another read as the only injections used like Tardak... are given to some dogs to see how castration will affect them, or if the owner has a b*tch in season and the dog is going mad... cases like that. There is NO injection that is permanent... unless something new has come out in the last couple of months that I don't know about. But I highly doubt it.

• There are side effects with zinc neutering as well:"What are the side effects? While adverse reactions requiring medical treatment occurred in only 1.1% of the dogs, there were minor reactions observed in 6.3% of dogs during the FDA study. Local reactions included testicular swelling (normal reaction to the injection), pain (dogs may resist sitting or may sit with both hind legs open), biting and licking at the scrotum, swelling of the prepuce and irritation, dermatitis, ulceration, infection, dryness or bruising of the scrotum. Systemic reactions included an increase in the white blood cell count, vomiting, anorexia (loss of appetite), lethargy (tiredness or abnormal attitude), and diarrhea."http://www.arksciences.com/faq.htmlAnd from a study done comparing the side effects of zeutering and surgical castration:"Although the complication rate was similar for surgical and zinc-gluconate castration, the zinc-gluconate reactions were more severe. Surgical wound complications were treated by superficial wound debridement and resuturing. In contrast, zinc-gluconate reactions required antimicrobial treatment, orchiectomy, and extensive surgical debridement and reconstruction, including scrotal ablation in 2 dogs. These reactions occurred following administration by both experienced and novice individuals. All dogs made a full recovery following treatment of zinc-gluconate reactions and incisional dehiscences."Another concern is that while zinc neutering renders 99.6% of male dogs sterile...what about the remaining 0.4%? With an average dog population in the USA of 78 million, and assuming about half are males (39 million), if all the next generation was zeutered, there would still be about 156,000 males capable of producing sperm whose owners *thought* they couldn't....EDIT: I forgot to include the link to the quote from the comparison study: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/08/15/new-dog-sterilization-technique.aspx

• I am writing from the Alliance for Contraception in Cats and Dogs, a nonprofit working to advance new methods of sterilization for cats and dogs that are less expensive, less complicated, and less invasive than surgery. We provide information about this product, a permanent non-surgical sterilant for male dogs called Zeuterin in the U.S. and Esterilsol internationally, on our website (www.acc-d.org) . This includes a Product Profile and Position Paper, and you can find additional information (such as the results of the studies submitted to the FDA for regulatory approval) here on our website. We pride ourselves on providing data based information. We receive no financial gain from the sales of this or any product. The company that markets and distributes Esterilsol is Ark Sciences. You can contact them through their website (www.arksciences.com) to find out more about ordering product and getting training (hands-on training is required). To find out if there is a vet near you who has been trained and is providing this treatment, contact Ark Sciences (the company behind Zeuterin) directly through their contact form on their website, here. Training has been somewhat limited so far because they are awaiting final FDA approval (the drug is approved, but they need final approval on the manufacturing plant) later in 2013. If there is not anyone near you now who could treat your dog, you can get on a waiting list (on the Ark Sciences website).That said there is the potential of complications from either castration surgery or from Zeuterin, although done by a trained professional both are very safe procedures.