My dog has a squishy lump on her rib cage?

Shes one years old. Okay I notice a lump on her rib cage, it doesn't seem to bother her at all. I think i might of got smaller but I don't really know.The lump seems to have fluid in it.Its a egg sized lump. She got sick a day ago but she hasn't got sick…

Shes one years old. Okay I notice a lump on her rib cage, it doesn't seem to bother her at all. I think i might of got smaller but I don't really know.The lump seems to have fluid in it.Its a egg sized lump. She got sick a day ago but she hasn't got sick…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has a squishy lump on her rib cage?...

• My dog has a squishy lump on her rib cage?

My dog has a squishy lump on her rib cage? General Dog Discussions
      Shes one years old. Okay I notice a lump on her rib cage, it doesn't seem to bother her at all. I think i might of got smaller but I don't really know.The lump seems to have fluid in it.Its a egg sized lump. She got sick a day ago but she hasn't got sick since. She acts the same as always. Oh and shes is a inside dog, Bulldog. Were bringing her to the vet this coming up week.

My dog has a squishy lump on her rib cage? General Dog Discussions
    • Hi,First off, relax, at least for now, as lumps in dogs are actually very common and the first thing that you think about is that they are some form of cancer. The term itself implies that there is some kind of growth and that is a tumor. But this is a misconception as not all lumps are tumors, but even if they are, they by no means are all cancerous. However, they all do have one thing in common in that you need to have them tested by your vet as soon as possible. Here is a list of possible causes that might help you identify the lump and ask your vet about that are not cancer.Acral lick dermatitis is a situation where your dog has licked itself to the point that a lump develops and is generally the result of boredom or some type of stress. They have licked so hard that it has damaged there skin and this can occur on the legs or the rib cage. These will normally drain on their own. Follicular cysts are perhaps the most common of lumps in dogs and this lump can easily develop directly on the skin or under the skin, especially in the rib cage. Whatever you do, do not squeeze it at all as it could cause a very severe skin reaction. There are also two other real possibilities other than tumors and they are hematomas or a slight rib fracture. However, if it is a rib fracture, your dog would be in a lot of pain. A hematoma is the development of blood under your dog’s skin as the result of a blood clot and this may be exactly what this lump is since your dog seems to be felling no real pain. This form of lump generally affects your dog’s ears, but it can also affect their rib cage. Most all other lumps are a tumor but the only way you will really find out is to have the lump tested.Good Luck and hope this helps