How do I treat fleas in my hardwood floored house?

My cats and dog have developed a flea problem. Most of our house has hardwood floors and the only place we get fleas on us is in our basement/garage. We think that's how they got into the house. The small amount of carpet and furniture has been vacuumed…

My cats and dog have developed a flea problem. Most of our house has hardwood floors and the only place we get fleas on us is in our basement/garage. We think that's how they got into the house. The small amount of carpet and furniture has been vacuumed…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I treat fleas in my hardwood floored house?...

• How do I treat fleas in my hardwood floored house?

How do I treat fleas in my hardwood floored house? General Dog Discussions
      My cats and dog have developed a flea problem. Most of our house has hardwood floors and the only place we get fleas on us is in our basement/garage. We think that's how they got into the house. The small amount of carpet and furniture has been vacuumed and the animals have been treated with Frontline. What is the next step? I cannot get them out of the basement, even after spraying multiple times!

How do I treat fleas in my hardwood floored house? General Dog Discussions
    • The key is the brand and type of product you are using. You may need to use a fogger since fleas can hide from spray. Just spraying or fogging one area doesn't do much good as the fleas can be in other places of the house. You also need to treat the yard if they go outside. I have had good experience with Zodiac brand products. You can check with your vet or local pet store for what works well in your area. You also need to be vigilant about doing it on a regular basis all year long.