How can i get my housebroken dog to stop pooping in the house?

My 3 year old doxie mix is completely housebroken. Recently he has started pooping on my mother's bedroom floor and in her laundry room. He has even done it within minutes of pooping outside. He is not sick (per the vet), and he is housebroken. I'm…

My 3 year old doxie mix is completely housebroken. Recently he has started pooping on my mother's bedroom floor and in her laundry room. He has even done it within minutes of pooping outside. He is not sick (per the vet), and he is housebroken. I'm…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can i get my housebroken dog to stop pooping in the house?...

• How can i get my housebroken dog to stop pooping in the house?

How can i get my housebroken dog to stop pooping in the house? General Dog Discussions
      My 3 year old doxie mix is completely housebroken. Recently he has started pooping on my mother's bedroom floor and in her laundry room. He has even done it within minutes of pooping outside. He is not sick (per the vet), and he is housebroken. I'm not sure why he is doing it or how to stop it. Any suggestions?He is housebroken and he goes out 5-6 times a day

How can i get my housebroken dog to stop pooping in the house? General Dog Discussions
    • Critters will do that to let you know they're not happy sometimes. They get stressed and get ta poopin.my dog will try the same thing sometimes. I'll take him out & he'll go, then come in and run off to the roommates room a few min later and go again. I have learned that just cause he did his stuff outside does not mean he was done. I've stopped taking him back in until he scratches his hind legs on the ground. He seems to be done after that.

• Sounds like a behavioral issue to me. Has something changed in his environment recently? He may be experiencing stress or just letting you know he's unhappy about something.To help determine the cause try the following steps:I would first make sure you clean the areas where he's hit very *very* well with an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle so that he doesn't keep hitting the same areas just because he smells his old business there.Then you might try limiting his access to those areas if he continues to mess there to see if it's an area-related issue. If it is an area-related issue, I would make sure the whole area is cleaned with an enzymatic cleaner. He might have hit somewhere else in the area that you're unaware of. Also, it might be that the area is secluded so he's going there to hide his misbehavior. Restricting access to the areas will obviously prevent this.If he continues to mess in the house, but in other rooms, AND you still feel that he's getting out enough, then you'll need to evaluate what might be going on with him emotionally. You might end up having to confine him to easy-to-clean floors like the kitchen until you figure out what's stressing him.Hope this helps.

• You might consider whether he has had a recent change in his food? Is he chewing on any bones that might have upset his stomach? Is this normal poop, or diahhrea? Do you think he is trying to get extra attention? He may need some more attention, some walks around the block, play time. There may have been some sort of change in his enviroment that he is objecting to, a new person or animal? Try taking him out, on a leash and making sure he has completed his duties. If he does not stop doing this, he may need to go back to the vet to see if there is anything going on, perhaps parasites, worms? If that shows nothing, try retraining using a crate.