Is it possible for a dog to have a peanut allergy?

I put some peanut butter on my dog's knuckle bone and soon after his belly swelled up bad. And he was sick all through the next day and still a bit today. That was the only table food he had that day. We don't ever give him table food for a meal, but…

I put some peanut butter on my dog's knuckle bone and soon after his belly swelled up bad. And he was sick all through the next day and still a bit today. That was the only table food he had that day. We don't ever give him table food for a meal, but…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it possible for a dog to have a peanut allergy?...

• Is it possible for a dog to have a peanut allergy?

Is it possible for a dog to have a peanut allergy? General Dog Discussions
      I put some peanut butter on my dog's knuckle bone and soon after his belly swelled up bad. And he was sick all through the next day and still a bit today. That was the only table food he had that day. We don't ever give him table food for a meal, but we once in a while hand him a piece of something every once in a while. I will be stopping all after this experience.

Is it possible for a dog to have a peanut allergy? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes, it's possible for a dog to be allergic to just about anything. My own dog is allergic to beef and I know dogs allergic to carrots, cedar (found in most dog beds), and even cotton! In dogs, allergies are usually seen as itching, dry, flaky skin, but can occasionally show up as digestive upset.If your dog continues feeling ill, you should probably take him to the vet.