My dog had anal glands cleaned last week but is still in pain and licking, should I go back to the vet?

Last week I took my dog to the vet for an expressed anal gland and she said they were very full and that Gabby had a "sore bum". Since then my dog has been able to go poop but is in pain and her rear is very red. Should I be concerned? Do you think I…

My dog had anal glands cleaned last week but is still in pain and licking, should I go back to the vet?

Last week I took my dog to the vet for an expressed anal gland and she said they were very full and that Gabby had a "sore bum". Since then my dog has been able to go poop but is in pain and her rear is very red. Should I be concerned? Do you think I…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog had anal glands cleaned last week but is still in pain and licking, should I go back to the vet?...

• My dog had anal glands cleaned last week but is still in pain and licking, should I go back to the vet?

My dog had anal glands cleaned last week but is still in pain and licking, should I go back to the vet? General Dog Discussions
      Last week I took my dog to the vet for an expressed anal gland and she said they were very full and that Gabby had a "sore bum". Since then my dog has been able to go poop but is in pain and her rear is very red. Should I be concerned? Do you think I need to go back to the vet? Today I put a cone on her so she would not lick the area, I don't think that is helping. Thank you!

My dog had anal glands cleaned last week but is still in pain and licking, should I go back to the vet? General Dog Discussions
    • I would go back. She may well need a course of antibiotics as the anal glands can become infected. No joke if they go on to abscess and it would be best to sort it out now. If they were expressed then she shouldn't have been having more problems through the week.

• Take her back. Did she pack the glands with antibiotics, or give you tablets for her? Worst possible, if they are impacted, she may need to have them removed completely.Don't pu a cone on her - imagine having a sore or an itch you can't get to. Take her to your vet tomorrow.