How long before I can tell if my dog is pregnant?

I have a two year old mini daschund that we are trying to breed, she mated this weekend but I'm wondering how to tell? I took her to the vet and he gave the ok on puppies and told us to come back in about a month, we are to excited to wait! And please…

I have a two year old mini daschund that we are trying to breed, she mated this weekend but I'm wondering how to tell? I took her to the vet and he gave the ok on puppies and told us to come back in about a month, we are to excited to wait! And please…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long before I can tell if my dog is pregnant?...

• How long before I can tell if my dog is pregnant?

How long before I can tell if my dog is pregnant? General Dog Discussions
      I have a two year old mini daschund that we are trying to breed, she mated this weekend but I'm wondering how to tell? I took her to the vet and he gave the ok on puppies and told us to come back in about a month, we are to excited to wait! And please spare me the lecture on getting her fixed! We love her very much, she is a big part of our family, like one of the kids!

How long before I can tell if my dog is pregnant? General Dog Discussions
    • this sounds like it will be the first of many questions. Pity you do not have a breed mentor or researced this before you mated her.Many of your questions now and in the next 2 months can be found from the link below.ADDED: My word "little girl in love with rory" - you seem to think you can know a helluva lot about me just from one sentence !

• Congratulations! I cant stand people like Sue or what ever who think they are better than everyone because they are obsessed with animals. Its one thing to love them, but to be obsessed. Seriously. I dont think it is necessary to read every little detail as to find out the best way to know for sure if your animal is pregnant. I could always tell when my baby was pregnant when her nipples started swelling. It was always her first sign. Good luck, and have fun! It is a great experience.