My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up?

My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up? I don't know how long ago he ate them i found the bottle empty when I got home from work.

My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up? I don't know how long ago he ate them i found the bottle empty when I got home from work....
    General Dog Discussions : My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up?...

• My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up?

My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up? General Dog Discussions
      My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up? I don't know how long ago he ate them i found the bottle empty when I got home from work.

My dog ate 12 amoxicillin capsules what can i give him to make him throw up? General Dog Discussions
    • Call the emergency vet and get some advice. The traditional ways of getting a dog to vomit are often a very bad idea where medication is involved. (and yet, look at all the fools here who will give you the advice to do it anyway) Calling the E-vet for advice is free.

• You need to call the Vet asap and ask them over the phone. You're dog can become very sick especially if he already digested them. I'd speak to a 24 hour vet clinic for the best advice. That would be the safest option for your dog.

• get him to a vet. quick.if your vet told you to get him to throw up, then let him outside. usually, when i dog doesn't feel good, they eat grass and it makes them throw up. but if you haven't called a vet, do it

• peroxide. or highly salinated water. however, before inducing vomiting you need to be sure that what he ingested isn't something that will cause damage on the way out... those capsules are safe to vomit up.calls to the vet are free. it wouldn't hurt to call.

• Well if he has a stomach ulcer it looks like it will have healed by now!You are probably better contacting a hospital - Take the same percautions as you would to a person... Maybe loads of water, food etc.Best of luck though - Take more care of your med in future!

• He'll probably have dihaorea for the next 2 days.. so it will come out of him in any event. Amoxicillin has this effect on humans.. probably be the same for a dog. If you can take him to the vet or call the vet than do so. Meanwhile let him drink a lot of water to cleanse his stomach.

• Take him to the vet if you love him. That's the best bet, cause anything you give him to make him throw up will probably be just as bad for him as the pills.

• Feed the dog a nice big bowl of food so it has some extra 'stuff' to throw up. In the case of pills this makes it more probable that that all of the pills will come up. In the case of other nasty stuff, it gives the dog more volume to help things come up easier (important when you need to get bones or plastic to come upGive them a nice big bowl of water mixed with milk or broth so that they will drink a LOT of it. Use a medicine dropper - sold at any pharmacy for giving kids medicine - to give the dog 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Three teaspoons = 1 tablespoon. Hold the dog's mouth open and stick the dropper in their throat, then hold the dog's mouth shut to force them to swallowYou MUST have 'fresh' hydrogen peroxide for this. To test your HP, put a little in your mouth, it should fizz immediately. If not go get a new bottle. The HP will fizz when it hits the dog's stomach, your dog may foam at the mouth for a bit and vomit a little. DO NOT bring your dog in after the first 'spit up'. Until they have really heaved a few times they are not done. It can take about 15 minutes. If they have not vomited in that time, give another tablespoon of HP. One bowl of food turned into three large piles of vomit because the food expands a good deal in the stomach. If you bring the dog in too soon you WILL be sorry!!!! Don't let the dog eat or drink for a few hours or they may vomit it up again. I let Ruby drink and vomit a few times to clear the bad taste out, so we just stayed in the yard for an hour or so. Be prepared for lots of dirty looks from your dog. good luck

• If your dog is over 15 pounds, give him ONE teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide. ONE. Do NOT repeat. If he doesn't vomit it would be a mistake to give any more Hydrogen Peroxide. But really, call a vet or animal hospital if you haven't already. If an overdose occurs symptoms may include muscle spasms or weakness, pain or twitching, seizures, confusion, coma, or agitation. If he ate 12 then he overdosed so it's really best to seek emergency care - even if you do get him to vomit, UNLESS you can literally count at least 10 undigested capsules in the vomit.

• mix milk with some (not alot) or peroxide, my dog ate alot of rat posin and we did this and it he lived to be 11. good luck, still call a vet for advice though, please.