My dog has been vaccinated, found or killed baby possum. Could it get rabies from this unknown contact?

Three year of cocker, seems to have bumps making her itch. Fully paper'd meeting legal requirements etc.Could have killedthispossum, although I dont know either way, thing was 6-7 inches long,plus tail.

My dog has been vaccinated, found or killed baby possum. Could it get rabies from this unknown contact?

Three year of cocker, seems to have bumps making her itch. Fully paper'd meeting legal requirements etc.Could have killedthispossum, although I dont know either way, thing was 6-7 inches long,plus tail....
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has been vaccinated, found or killed baby possum. Could it get rabies from this unknown contact?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog has been vaccinated, found or killed baby possum. Could it get rabies from this unknown contact?

My dog has been vaccinated, found or killed baby possum. Could it get rabies from this unknown contact? General Dog Discussions
      Three year of cocker, seems to have bumps making her itch. Fully paper'd meeting legal requirements etc.Could have killedthispossum, although I dont know either way, thing was 6-7 inches long,plus tail.

My dog has been vaccinated, found or killed baby possum. Could it get rabies from this unknown contact? General Dog Discussions
    • Possums rarely get rabies and since your dog has been vaccinated against rabies, her chances are extremely slim of getting rabies. I don't think you have anything to worry about in that area.Itchy bumps are probably hives. It may be poison ivy or oak or other plant irritant. If it persistent, take her to the vet to be checked.