what can i do about my dog getting hives on his back?

My 4month old boxer/share Pei mix seems to get what looks like hives all over his back when we go outside. I don't know if he is getting them from grass or the sun. They don't seem to bother him, he acts fine and his face doesn't swell or anything. Can I…

My 4month old boxer/share Pei mix seems to get what looks like hives all over his back when we go outside. I don't know if he is getting them from grass or the sun. They don't seem to bother him, he acts fine and his face doesn't swell or anything. Can I…...
    General Dog Discussions : what can i do about my dog getting hives on his back?...

• what can i do about my dog getting hives on his back?

what can i do about my dog getting hives on his back? General Dog Discussions
      My 4month old boxer/share Pei mix seems to get what looks like hives all over his back when we go outside. I don't know if he is getting them from grass or the sun. They don't seem to bother him, he acts fine and his face doesn't swell or anything. Can I give him benedryl? If so, how much? Any advice would be awesome. -first time dog owner

what can i do about my dog getting hives on his back? General Dog Discussions
    • I do believe you can give a dog Benedryl, but you should not give it just to try it. Contact a vet just to be sure. It could be something very different and not solve the problem, but merely prolonging a proper course of treatment.