my dog has a pinkish color on the corner of his eyelid? what is it is and what can i do to help him at home?

i really can't afford to go to a vet. :/i tried chamomile tea bags since i thought he had Conjunctivitis but i guess not. he had it and it was gone, but now he just got it again and idk what to do. any home remedies? or cheap animal hospitals in the los…

my dog has a pinkish color on the corner of his eyelid? what is it is and what can i do to help him at home?

i really can't afford to go to a vet. :/i tried chamomile tea bags since i thought he had Conjunctivitis but i guess not. he had it and it was gone, but now he just got it again and idk what to do. any home remedies? or cheap animal hospitals in the los…...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog has a pinkish color on the corner of his eyelid? what is it is and what can i do to help him at home?...

• my dog has a pinkish color on the corner of his eyelid? what is it is and what can i do to help him at home?

my dog has a pinkish color on the corner of his eyelid? what is it is and what can i do to help him at home? General Dog Discussions
      i really can't afford to go to a vet. :/i tried chamomile tea bags since i thought he had Conjunctivitis but i guess not. he had it and it was gone, but now he just got it again and idk what to do. any home remedies? or cheap animal hospitals in the los angeles area?

my dog has a pinkish color on the corner of his eyelid? what is it is and what can i do to help him at home? General Dog Discussions
    • Unfortunately, this can be many things--an eye infection/conjunctivitis or a more serious ailment. If possible, get him a vet checkup to see what it is and diagnose it to make sure it isn't serious, even if you can't pay for meds. If you are completely sure it is only an eye infection, try this home remedy which I have used personally and found very beneficial, but I have ONLY used it in minor eye infections. You can purchase the herbs at a health food store--teabags are not recommended since they often contain other ingredients besides the herb, like preservatives and spices that can irritate the eye.EyeAid Tea (for conjunctivitis/pink eye and eye infections in dogs)Ingredients:Water1 handful dried chamomile flowers1 handful dried eyebright1 handful dried calendula flowers1 handful Red Clover blossoms (ask specifically for Red Clover)Boil about 1 quart of water in a pot. Lower heat slightly and stir in dried ingredients. Leave to boil on low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat. Strain through a sieve and then a coffee filter. Bottle and refrigerate. Instructions For Use: Apply 1/2 dropper to each eye 2-3 times per day. To apply, have the dog sit and straddle him with your legs. Hold his head with his muzzle pointing upward and use your finger on the fur below the eye to gently restrain the dog from blinking. Carefully drop the solution into the corner of each eye, making sure the dropper doesn't touch the surface of the eye. Warm SLIGHTLY before each use. Make sure it is not too cold or hot (eyes are more sensitive than skin) to be uncomfortable in the dog's eye. Remember that this is not a substitute for proper veterinary care, especially if the problem is something completely different from a minor eye infection, such as entropion or ectropian. Good luck! I sincerely hope your dog will feel better soon:)