Is there a connection between me being sick and my cat?

So, quite a few days ago I started to get sick. Now my throat has been killing me. I've been told it isn't strep or mono and that my white blood cell count is a bit elevated. It REALLY hurts when I swallow. Well, my grandmother's friend had said before…

So, quite a few days ago I started to get sick. Now my throat has been killing me. I've been told it isn't strep or mono and that my white blood cell count is a bit elevated. It REALLY hurts when I swallow. Well, my grandmother's friend had said before…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is there a connection between me being sick and my cat?...

• Is there a connection between me being sick and my cat?

Is there a connection between me being sick and my cat? General Dog Discussions
      So, quite a few days ago I started to get sick. Now my throat has been killing me. I've been told it isn't strep or mono and that my white blood cell count is a bit elevated. It REALLY hurts when I swallow. Well, my grandmother's friend had said before 'dogs carry the bacteria for sore throat'. My grandmother started worrying that I got this from my cat. (I don't have a dog.) My grandmother says that she has noticed that my cat is swallowing funny. So here's what I want to know:Could I have gotten this from my cat?Is it possible that my cat is in as much pain when he swallows as I am when I swallow?Anything else you can tell me on the subject can and will help, thank you.

Is there a connection between me being sick and my cat? General Dog Discussions
    • It's true the other way around: cats take illnesses from humans; cold, flu, etc..Only rabbies and toxoplasmosis can be passed from a cat to a human (the latter if the cat has it AND if you touch with your fingers their faecis after 24 hours, and bring your fingers into your mouth)have you been tested for H1N1?cats can take it from humans and subsequent lungs complications have killed cats ..Test yourself; and bring the cat to the vet to be sure that you didn't pass any virus to him/her ..Take care!