We are getting a new dog who has been living in a house where a dog is being treated for kennel cough...?

We currently have one dog who was vaccinated for kennel cough about 6 months ago. We are getting a rescue dog this weekend, who has been vaccinated for kennel cough, but another dog in his foster home has been diagnosed with kennel cough. Should we be…

We are getting a new dog who has been living in a house where a dog is being treated for kennel cough...?

We currently have one dog who was vaccinated for kennel cough about 6 months ago. We are getting a rescue dog this weekend, who has been vaccinated for kennel cough, but another dog in his foster home has been diagnosed with kennel cough. Should we be…...
    General Dog Discussions : We are getting a new dog who has been living in a house where a dog is being treated for kennel cough...?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We are getting a new dog who has been living in a house where a dog is being treated for kennel cough...?

We are getting a new dog who has been living in a house where a dog is being treated for kennel cough...? General Dog Discussions
      We currently have one dog who was vaccinated for kennel cough about 6 months ago. We are getting a rescue dog this weekend, who has been vaccinated for kennel cough, but another dog in his foster home has been diagnosed with kennel cough. Should we be concerned or is it okay to bring the new dog into our home?

We are getting a new dog who has been living in a house where a dog is being treated for kennel cough...? General Dog Discussions
    • I had a bout with Kennel Cough with my dogs. I had broght in a rescue dog I was fostering, and my other three dogs had been vaccinated, but they still got it. What the vet told me was kennel cough has different stains kinda like a flu. Before you bring the dog make sure they were getting meds to kennel cough, because it may take time for it to show up in a dog. So if they have already been treated like it has kennel cough then it is less likely your dog will get it. Another thing is once you bring the dog home, wash it. That way if there is anything on the dog that might get your dogs sick will be washed away, and it will help you get a better look at it's coat and health. And take it into the Vet asap, have the vet give it a once over and take some blood to check for heartworms. That way if there is something worng, the vet can stop it before it gets outta hand. Just some of the things I learned from foster and adopting dogs. Make sure you get a copy of all the shots the dog has gotten to, so the vet knows what is going on and what the dog needs. Hope this helpsCyndi