What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it?

Just a couple of questions for you dog lovers out there!What do you feed your dog?Why do you feed that? WHAT makes it such a good diet? What's IN it?After researching dog food, reading all of the AAFCO definitions, and having one very sick pup - I…

What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it?

Just a couple of questions for you dog lovers out there!What do you feed your dog?Why do you feed that? WHAT makes it such a good diet? What's IN it?After researching dog food, reading all of the AAFCO definitions, and having one very sick pup - I…...
    General Dog Discussions : What do you feed your dog and more importantly WHY do you feed it?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I feed my dog Canidae All Life Stages Lamb & Rice. I feed it because IMO it's the best high quality food you can get for a cheap price. Forget the price, it's the best high quality food out there! It contains a lot of meat content and the ideal amount of grains and vegetables needed to keep my pooch healthy. Here's the ingredients:Lamb meal, brown rice, cracked pearled barley, rice bran, peas, millet, canola oil, lamb, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed meal, potassium chloride, choline chloride, sun cured alfalfa meal, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage extract, cranberries, beta carotene, rosemary extract, sunflower oil, yucca schidigera extract, dried enterococcus faecium, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid, cobalt proteinate, organic selenium, papaya, pineapple

• What I will Be feedingChicken - everything but the feathersBeef - muscles, organs, bonesPork - piecesTurkeyLambMoose - If I can get itRabbit - whole and furryGreen Tripe - god the SMELLSardinesRodents- if they like them rats guinea pigsBison - organs tails ribs meatBetter than Kibble. No dog breath smaller less aromatic stools Because I know what exactly is in it. No ingredients I can't pronounce. Less money in the long run - dehydrated organs make great treats and training toolsIts natural. Not processed to be able to sit on a shelf for x amount of time.It also helps having vets who are willing to learn about Raw.

• I don't have a dog of my own, but their are the family dogs (technically my dad's). He feeds them anything that's cheap. Right now it's Winn-Dixie brand. He says it doesn't matter because they are dogs and paying a lot for food is a waste. Of course I don't think that. But I don't have a job so it's not like I can buy them food.{{...*Spontania*...}}

• i feed my dog canidae all life stages.i chose that food because i have my dog's best interest in mind -- he is a growing giant breed. the protein levels in your average puppy kibbles are MUCH higher than he requires. canidae's protein level? 24%, which is the maximum he should be receiving at this time in order for his bones and joints to develop slowly and smoothly. that was the primary reason i was first attracted to this food.it has enough meat products to satisfy me -- multiple proteins -- there are three named meat products within the first five ingredients, and others further down the list. it's not loaded with grains, and the only grains are rices, which provide him with carbohydrates. the food contains several probiotics (which are important for a healthy gut), and essential fatty acids like flaxseed and sunflower oil.my dog loves the flavor, and it's easily available to us via a family-run shop we frequent._________ Four Human Grade Meats – Chicken, Turkey, Lamb and Fish 10 Natural Skin & Coat Conditioners Balanced Omega 6 & 3 Fatty Acids Guaranteed Viable Micro-Organisms Guaranteed Enzyme Activity to Help Breakdown Cellulose Superior Digestibility Antioxidant Vitamins & Amino Acid Chelated Minerals Excellent for Problem Skin & Allergies Holistic & Herbal Benefits Formulated for All Life Stages – Puppies, Adults, Seniors & Overweight Excellent Palatability - Dogs Love CANIDAE® Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Herring Meal, Flax Seed, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Inulin (from Chicory root), Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

• my dog gets Wellness core dry food with wellness wet food and merrick wet food. I feed her this food because it is healthy and naturalits healthy and natural,there is more protein in the food, and no meat by products.HEALTHY INGREDIENTS!!!

• I currently feed my dog Iams Large Breed. She is 12 years old and in great shape. She has had digestive issues in the past. The Iams is the only thing that has agreed with her system. We have never given her table scraps.

• I hate iams. iamscruelty.comWhen i first had dogs, they were my mom's fostered senior dogs. They provided us with Pedigree and I never questioned pedigree...because sadly a name like "pedigree" meant champion purebreed in my mind..and it seemed a popular food.well when i got my very first own puppy, the vet tech asked me what I fed. I said "pedigree because all my other dogs got that and they lived healthy for pretty long". The vet tech's response was "pedigree isn't the best, even science diet is better than that". So I started looking up "better" dog food and realized both pedigree and SD are crap. corn in dog food is crap. byproducts in dog food, more crap. And for the same size and age dog, the feeding requirements were 6 cups of pedigree, and only 3 cups of a higher quality dog food because higher quality have no crap.anyway, i always wanted to feed raw because even the best kibble is at best still processed food..processed and shelved and why do my dogs need rice in their diet every day?my 2nd puppy had terrible intestinal problems, he had to eat wellness venison because any other kibble caused diarrhea. but know what, he got even better by eating raw chicken. while his stomach could never tolerate a chicken kibble.