How do I Find the Owner of Dog Killed by Car?

On Saturday I was walking home and I witnessed a dog struck by a car (the car fled the scene) and killed. Only two people stopped to help. One of the motorist called animal control. Animal control arrived quickly and removed the body. The dog didn't…

On Saturday I was walking home and I witnessed a dog struck by a car (the car fled the scene) and killed. Only two people stopped to help. One of the motorist called animal control. Animal control arrived quickly and removed the body. The dog didn't…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I Find the Owner of Dog Killed by Car?...

• How do I Find the Owner of Dog Killed by Car?

How do I Find the Owner of Dog Killed by Car? General Dog Discussions
      On Saturday I was walking home and I witnessed a dog struck by a car (the car fled the scene) and killed. Only two people stopped to help. One of the motorist called animal control. Animal control arrived quickly and removed the body. The dog didn't have any way to identify her--just a chain around her neck. It bothers me think if the dog's owner are even wondering the whereabouts of their pet. How can I find them to inform them of the death of their dog?

How do I Find the Owner of Dog Killed by Car? General Dog Discussions
    • The animal control officer should have checked for a tag on the collar, if there wasnt one present then the body should have been scanned for a microchip with electronic details of his owner.

• If the dog was microchipped, it will be found when they take the dog's body in. They will contact the chip company who will then notify the vet or owner depending on who is listed for the chip.