How do i keep my dog from eating locusts?

My dog lives outside. sometimes i will go outside and he will be playing with the big black grasshoppers. After he has his fun putting them in his mouth and throwing them in the air he eats them. then he throws up all over the place. its really gross! …

My dog lives outside. sometimes i will go outside and he will be playing with the big black grasshoppers. After he has his fun putting them in his mouth and throwing them in the air he eats them. then he throws up all over the place. its really gross! …...
    General Dog Discussions : How do i keep my dog from eating locusts?...

• How do i keep my dog from eating locusts?

How do i keep my dog from eating locusts? General Dog Discussions
      My dog lives outside. sometimes i will go outside and he will be playing with the big black grasshoppers. After he has his fun putting them in his mouth and throwing them in the air he eats them. then he throws up all over the place. its really gross! and you can tell he threw up cause rite after he does he looks very sickly and thin. He will look really sad and pitiful. How can I keep him from doing this. And i cant be outside all times of the day to make sure he doesnt ???He is always outside !!!

How do i keep my dog from eating locusts? General Dog Discussions
    • Your only solution is probably to find away to repel the locusts with some kind of repellent that's safe for pets. Look into some kind of ultrasonic noise generator you can plug into all your outdoor outlets. Check with a vet, the locusts probably won't kill him, but if they make him sick he'll eventually figure it out and start avoiding them.

• Ok -When my dog was a pup, he did what all puppies do, eat his own droppings.I went ahead and bought a spray bottle of bitter apple, the stuff they use to keep him from chewing.First time he pooped, I sprayed it, and no longer a problem.I would suggest spraying the locusts, then, have him try to eat one. After a few nasty tasting ones he should leave them alone.