Why do so many people have pets when they can't afford vet bills?

I t doesn't make sense to me! I mean, I have two dogs, two fish and a hamster, but I can afford all the supplies and VET BILLS! I have seen so many question on here saying that they have an injured or sick pet, but can't afford the bills! Why is this?

I t doesn't make sense to me! I mean, I have two dogs, two fish and a hamster, but I can afford all the supplies and VET BILLS! I have seen so many question on here saying that they have an injured or sick pet, but can't afford the bills! Why is this?...
    General Dog Discussions : Why do so many people have pets when they can't afford vet bills?...

• Why do so many people have pets when they can't afford vet bills?

Why do so many people have pets when they can't afford vet bills? General Dog Discussions
      I t doesn't make sense to me! I mean, I have two dogs, two fish and a hamster, but I can afford all the supplies and VET BILLS! I have seen so many question on here saying that they have an injured or sick pet, but can't afford the bills! Why is this?

Why do so many people have pets when they can't afford vet bills? General Dog Discussions
    • I know what you mean! It drives me crazy! To me my animals are like children and I would never have children if I cannot afford to bring them to the doctor. It seems a lot of people get it in to their head that loving an animal is good enough and it is not. If you really love the animal then you make sure you have the means to give that animal the very best including regular vet check ups.