Why did my dog start crying after eating bone?

My 3yr old yorkie was eating a mini raw hide bone that she had been chewing on all day. She was down to the last little piece and i saw her pick it up, chew it a little bit, then swallow it. Then about 5 seconds after she swallowed it she just started…

My 3yr old yorkie was eating a mini raw hide bone that she had been chewing on all day. She was down to the last little piece and i saw her pick it up, chew it a little bit, then swallow it. Then about 5 seconds after she swallowed it she just started…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why did my dog start crying after eating bone?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why did my dog start crying after eating bone?

Why did my dog start crying after eating bone? General Dog Discussions
      My 3yr old yorkie was eating a mini raw hide bone that she had been chewing on all day. She was down to the last little piece and i saw her pick it up, chew it a little bit, then swallow it. Then about 5 seconds after she swallowed it she just started crying really loud. Like a loud screechy bark. I took her to her water and told her to drink and she did. She was swallowing the water so i dont think she was choking. But she kept crying for a couple minutes then stopped. There was no blood in her mouth. Im scared because i dont know what happened to her. Its never happened i always give her raw hide bones.

Why did my dog start crying after eating bone? General Dog Discussions
    • My dog does that...but only when we give her full raw hide bones or before she finishes eating it. Im pretty sure your dog is ok, and i wouldnt worry about it. If she acts like shes in pain or something for the next couple days, bring her to the vet. Otherwise, i think your dog its ok. (My dog usually cries and runs off with her bones)

• Never give your dog Rawhide bones, they are not safe. Throw the Rawhides away and never give them to your Yorkie again. They can cause Blockages and the sharp edges can tear up your dogs Intestinal Lining or Stomach Wall and that can kill your dog. It sounds like that is what is happening to your dog. You need to get off your computer, find a 24 hour Emergency Vet in your Yellow Pages under Veterinarians and get your dog to the vet now or you may lose her. This is life threatening and an Emergency. Your Yorkie needs a vet NOW! Don't take any chances you will live to regret.