My dog swallowed the round plastic squeaker from a pet toy. What should I do? Is this harmful for my dog?

She is a 4 year old yellow lab. It was one of those toys that is long and floppy and has no stuffing, and a squeaker on each end. She only ate the head, as well as one of the squeakers. The squeaker was approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I'm also…

My dog swallowed the round plastic squeaker from a pet toy. What should I do? Is this harmful for my dog?

She is a 4 year old yellow lab. It was one of those toys that is long and floppy and has no stuffing, and a squeaker on each end. She only ate the head, as well as one of the squeakers. The squeaker was approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I'm also…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog swallowed the round plastic squeaker from a pet toy. What should I do? Is this harmful for my dog?...

• My dog swallowed the round plastic squeaker from a pet toy. What should I do? Is this harmful for my dog?

My dog swallowed the round plastic squeaker from a pet toy. What should I do? Is this harmful for my dog? General Dog Discussions
      She is a 4 year old yellow lab. It was one of those toys that is long and floppy and has no stuffing, and a squeaker on each end. She only ate the head, as well as one of the squeakers. The squeaker was approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I'm also pretty sure she chewed it up before swallowing it, seeing that she could most likely not swallow the squeaker whole.

My dog swallowed the round plastic squeaker from a pet toy. What should I do? Is this harmful for my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • it should be fine as most dogs swallow stuff such as socks and one even swallowed a rubber duck im sure he will be fine but if he starts looking ill take him to vets

• Yes it could cause a blockage so monitor her closely over the next day or so and go to the vet immeiately if there are signs like uproductive vomiting and standing strangely. Call your vet now in case they reckon you need to induce vomiting. With luck though she should have chewed ut up small enough for you to see the pieces come out in her stool. When my dog disembowelled a squeaky toy and swallowed some of the nylon stuffing the vet gave me petroleum oil to syringe into her mouth at 10cc twice a day so that everything becomes more slippery. (8 hours end to end normally)