My dog was diagnosed with Panostitis. Any one had experience with this? What can I expect?

I am not positive on the spelling. He is about 4 months old, large mixed breed. The Vet I work for and I both have little experience with it, we are planning on doing more radiographs in a month to see better. In the mean time, I want to hear if anyone…

My dog was diagnosed with Panostitis. Any one had experience with this? What can I expect?

I am not positive on the spelling. He is about 4 months old, large mixed breed. The Vet I work for and I both have little experience with it, we are planning on doing more radiographs in a month to see better. In the mean time, I want to hear if anyone…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog was diagnosed with Panostitis. Any one had experience with this? What can I expect?...

• My dog was diagnosed with Panostitis. Any one had experience with this? What can I expect?

My dog was diagnosed with Panostitis. Any one had experience with this? What can I expect? General Dog Discussions
      I am not positive on the spelling. He is about 4 months old, large mixed breed. The Vet I work for and I both have little experience with it, we are planning on doing more radiographs in a month to see better. In the mean time, I want to hear if anyone knows more about it or has had animals with this condition. Thanks!

My dog was diagnosed with Panostitis. Any one had experience with this? What can I expect? General Dog Discussions
    • If you mean PanosteitisPanosteitis is a bone disease of dogs often painful and can last as long as 18 months, though more commonly it lasts from 2 to 5 months. It causes lameness that comes and goes and changes from leg to leg. It is common in several large breeds the cause is not unknown. The treatment outcome is usually good. They think it is a virus of the bone marrow.Treatment is mostly painkillers, if it's really bad steriods.They don't know where it comes from how it is contracted or a cure for it as of now, there is some mention of it being link to shots.

• CJ is right. It is no big deal, growing pains. A few of my dogs have had them, they all came out great. It can last a long time, on and off, but, it goes away. Do not train the dog while he is in pain, you do not want him to associate pain with training. Good luck.