what dosage for prednisone for help with flea allergies for a dog weighs 13 lbs?

My dog weight is 13 lbs and she has a flea allergies need to give her prednisone. I need to know if 5 meg every other day is the correct amount?Sorry, I did not make myself clear on my question. I have a friend that her vet prescribe prednison for her…

what dosage for prednisone for help with flea allergies for a dog weighs 13 lbs?

My dog weight is 13 lbs and she has a flea allergies need to give her prednisone. I need to know if 5 meg every other day is the correct amount?Sorry, I did not make myself clear on my question. I have a friend that her vet prescribe prednison for her…...
    General Dog Discussions : what dosage for prednisone for help with flea allergies for a dog weighs 13 lbs?...

• what dosage for prednisone for help with flea allergies for a dog weighs 13 lbs?

what dosage for prednisone for help with flea allergies for a dog weighs 13 lbs? General Dog Discussions
      My dog weight is 13 lbs and she has a flea allergies need to give her prednisone. I need to know if 5 meg every other day is the correct amount?Sorry, I did not make myself clear on my question. I have a friend that her vet prescribe prednison for her dog for his flea allergies and he has done well. I have look at the side effects and concern about these. I am trying to get best information BEFORE I go back to my Vet. He has used several things that has not work and prednisone would be the next thing to try. I am looking for answers from anyone that has used prednisone for this reason.

what dosage for prednisone for help with flea allergies for a dog weighs 13 lbs? General Dog Discussions
    • my dog has severe allergies and is on predizone a few times a yr the dosage depends on what the vets says it does help my dog when my dogs on it he does pee and drink a lot more than usual he tends to have a lot of accidents bc of it but the vet said frequent peeing is a side effect

• 0mg/kg You need to ask your vet. Pred needs to be used carefully or cushings and other issues can result. I have had pred prescribed to one of atopic dogs for a very short term. She was on it for only two weeks. If was effective. You also need to keep the fleas off of your dog. Below is a site that gives you a general dose as well as the contraindications. I'll let you do the math.