what to expect with dog limb amputation?

My fiance and I are planning on having our dog's leg amputated due to bone cancer. We are completely aware that she will not be living her entire lifespan, but this will make her remainder much more comfortable. We are unsure what to expect as far as…

My fiance and I are planning on having our dog's leg amputated due to bone cancer. We are completely aware that she will not be living her entire lifespan, but this will make her remainder much more comfortable. We are unsure what to expect as far as…...
    General Dog Discussions : what to expect with dog limb amputation?...

• what to expect with dog limb amputation?

what to expect with dog limb amputation? General Dog Discussions
      My fiance and I are planning on having our dog's leg amputated due to bone cancer. We are completely aware that she will not be living her entire lifespan, but this will make her remainder much more comfortable. We are unsure what to expect as far as recovery time and how long it will take her to be completely functional with only 3 legs. We have info from the vet, but would love some input from anyone who has gone through it.

what to expect with dog limb amputation? General Dog Discussions
    • Gone through it with a 60 pound dog. It was a back leg. After watching my precious love go through that, I will never put another dog through that again. A small dog may have fared better, but a large dog,..........................not again.