how much did it cost to treat your cat/dog for diabeties?

I am having my cat tested for diabetes, first step is a urine test, and I am anxious to know how much it will cost per month if it does have diabetes.Vet did not know, and said to ask reception but only a trainee was on and she didn't know either!…

I am having my cat tested for diabetes, first step is a urine test, and I am anxious to know how much it will cost per month if it does have diabetes.Vet did not know, and said to ask reception but only a trainee was on and she didn't know either!…...
    General Dog Discussions : how much did it cost to treat your cat/dog for diabeties?...

• how much did it cost to treat your cat/dog for diabeties?

how much did it cost to treat your cat/dog for diabeties? General Dog Discussions
      I am having my cat tested for diabetes, first step is a urine test, and I am anxious to know how much it will cost per month if it does have diabetes.Vet did not know, and said to ask reception but only a trainee was on and she didn't know either! Thanks!But vet said its a perfectly treatable condition and he is only young cat. Exactly how 'pricey'?

how much did it cost to treat your cat/dog for diabeties? General Dog Discussions
    • Hi jenna someone directed me to your post. I am a feline diabetes expert and work with many people from all over teaching them how to treat their diabetic cats. This is easily treated IF you are proactive in treatment. Here is the problem Many vets are not up to date with correct treatment of this disease and some can be dangerous in their advice. They cannot get correct information to be able to give you good advice. Only you can get the info needed to treat this correctly You asked about cost. If you do this the right way the original outlay minus vet fees can be from 150-250 for insulin (You are better off for the more expensive) cheap insulin's that don't work to well for cats are available. . You need other equipment and figure that costs another 150 I don't know what your vet charges but for 1-2 appointments figure 200 dollars. Please contact me before going back to the vets so I can advise you and help you save money but more importantly your cat. I have a very high remission rate where cats can become diet controlled and a 98% regulation rate Contact me direct [email protected]