Is there anything to help a dog through pregnancy?

I have a boxer girl and she is in the first stages of labor. Is there anything that I can do to help her as far as if she starts having pain? Also she is still eating just not as much is this normal? I was told by the vet that some dogs even eat between…

I have a boxer girl and she is in the first stages of labor. Is there anything that I can do to help her as far as if she starts having pain? Also she is still eating just not as much is this normal? I was told by the vet that some dogs even eat between…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is there anything to help a dog through pregnancy?...

• Is there anything to help a dog through pregnancy?

Is there anything to help a dog through pregnancy? General Dog Discussions
      I have a boxer girl and she is in the first stages of labor. Is there anything that I can do to help her as far as if she starts having pain? Also she is still eating just not as much is this normal? I was told by the vet that some dogs even eat between puppies! Is there anything we can do to help speed up labor so she doesnt have to go so long? P.S. I love my baby very much and anyone with snide or rude comments dont bother to answer!

Is there anything to help a dog through pregnancy? General Dog Discussions
    • Hey you caught me just as I was going to sign off. Yes you can take her for a walk around your yard. Some dogs eat right upto the time a pup pops out. My neighbor always knew when a dam of mine was in the process of giving birth by my walking them up and down the street. Just bring a flash light with you and if she seems like she want to squat to go #2 it may just be a pup so be alert.

• There's not much you can do for her. There can be long waits in between puppies, so, don't be alarmed. My dog ate some food and drank water in between puppies, but, not all dogs are the same. You can take her outside to urinate and defecate in between puppies, but, make sure you go with a flashlight just in case she has another puppy in the yard. There's nothing you can do to speed up labour. But, if there is more than 2 hour between puppies, call the vet, there could be a problem. Make sure to take her to the vet after she's done to make sure all the placentas have been expelled, and just to check her out within 24 hours of giving birth.I hope all goes well. I hope you have a warm whelping box ready for the puppies and mom.

• Why don't you feed her some scrambled eggs? Any extra protein will really help her, although you probably won't be able to notice it. Also darken the lights, it will make it easier for her to concentrate on her labor.

• Try to help it stay hydrated and full of water when in heat. Most of the time when my dog was in heat, she didn't want water,but don't force it to her. Also, Find a cozy place for your dog to lay and sleep