I live in south AL and my dog got ticks, should I worry about Lyme Disease?

I'm currently getting rid of the ticks and I was wondering if you thought I should worry about Lyme Disease?She also had them while we were in Mid. GA.

I'm currently getting rid of the ticks and I was wondering if you thought I should worry about Lyme Disease?She also had them while we were in Mid. GA....
    General Dog Discussions : I live in south AL and my dog got ticks, should I worry about Lyme Disease?...

• I live in south AL and my dog got ticks, should I worry about Lyme Disease?

I live in south AL and my dog got ticks, should I worry about Lyme Disease? General Dog Discussions
      I'm currently getting rid of the ticks and I was wondering if you thought I should worry about Lyme Disease?She also had them while we were in Mid. GA.

I live in south AL and my dog got ticks, should I worry about Lyme Disease? General Dog Discussions
    • Lyme disease is quite hard to detect without a check-up by a vet. If you are worried, you should have her checked.In dogs the most common symptoms are joint pain and fever that usually do not start until 2-5 months after being bitten. A few dogs develop swollen lymph nodes and very, very few ever develop the heart and neurological problems seen in Lyme disease in humans. When lyme-positive dogs develop kidney problems, it is late in the disease process.