My dog has been chewing his leg, Help me with treatment?

I have a 10 year old male chocolate lab who has been biting at his back hind legs, his left prominently. It looks like it's getting infected and is pretty enlarged, about the size of a silver dollar. We put a cone on him and have put some neosporin on…

I have a 10 year old male chocolate lab who has been biting at his back hind legs, his left prominently. It looks like it's getting infected and is pretty enlarged, about the size of a silver dollar. We put a cone on him and have put some neosporin on…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has been chewing his leg, Help me with treatment?...

• My dog has been chewing his leg, Help me with treatment?

My dog has been chewing his leg, Help me with treatment? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 10 year old male chocolate lab who has been biting at his back hind legs, his left prominently. It looks like it's getting infected and is pretty enlarged, about the size of a silver dollar. We put a cone on him and have put some neosporin on the wound. Is this the wrong thing to do? Do you know what the problem is or what is causing it?

My dog has been chewing his leg, Help me with treatment? General Dog Discussions