Is it bad for dogs to chew sandpaper?

I have three dogs, two of them I found chewing used sandpaper that the carpentry workers left on the floor. Could they get sick?

I have three dogs, two of them I found chewing used sandpaper that the carpentry workers left on the floor. Could they get sick?...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it bad for dogs to chew sandpaper?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it bad for dogs to chew sandpaper?

Is it bad for dogs to chew sandpaper? General Dog Discussions
      I have three dogs, two of them I found chewing used sandpaper that the carpentry workers left on the floor. Could they get sick?

Is it bad for dogs to chew sandpaper? General Dog Discussions
    • You are stupid!!! Don't let your dog chew used sanpaper!!! Your dog could have gotten some funky disease!!! you don't know where that sandpaper came from... the carpentry workers left it on the floor my butt!!! They could have peed on it!!!

• If they swallowed some of it, it could be bad. It could cause some blockage in their insides while trying to get digested. If you notice anything different in their eating habits or bowel movements, you might want to get them checked up.

• girl my rot used to sit with a breeze(concrete) block between his paws and chomp away. i thought he was just sharpening his teeth but nope he was eating it.i think if it was bad for them they wouldn't do it. just let the dogs be

• The sandpaper will have more of an effect on your dogs teeth than his stomach. Dont get me wrong, it's not good for them to swallow but the abrasiveness of the paper will quickly wear away the enamel on your dogs teeth. Dont let them chew it.

• I would watch them for any signs of illness. The glue that adheres the sand to the paper could be a problem. If you see any signs that the dogs are ill get them to a vet pronto! Also, have a conversation with the careless carpentry workers and explain to them that they must discard of old sandpaper, etc. properly to avoid your dogs from becoming ill. (they should be doing this anyways as part of a job well done, regardless of whether you have dogs or not).