Can i use Eqvalan Paste made for horse on my dog?

I have a dog who has tapeworms. Can I use this horse dewormer for my dog? Will it get ride of the worms? Also is there any pill that will get rid of fleas? I'm a new dog owner not use to this.

I have a dog who has tapeworms. Can I use this horse dewormer for my dog? Will it get ride of the worms? Also is there any pill that will get rid of fleas? I'm a new dog owner not use to this....
    General Dog Discussions : Can i use Eqvalan Paste made for horse on my dog?...

• Can i use Eqvalan Paste made for horse on my dog?

Can i use Eqvalan Paste made for horse on my dog? General Dog Discussions
      I have a dog who has tapeworms. Can I use this horse dewormer for my dog? Will it get ride of the worms? Also is there any pill that will get rid of fleas? I'm a new dog owner not use to this.

Can i use Eqvalan Paste made for horse on my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I use that on my horses and its toxic for dogs so the answer is no .Take a sample to the vets with your dog and the vet will give you the right worming treatment for your dog .

• No, you can't use it on your dog. You GIVE it to your dog but it's not a topical so you can't use it ON your dog. Calculate the number of milligrams per ml of ivermectin in the Eqvalan, then figure out how many milligrams of ivermectin you need for your dog's weight based on the recommended dose for dogs. Get your calculations correct or you can kill your dog. In other words, you'll need to know:1. Your dog's weight in kg2. The dose of ivermectin for general deworming in dogs (i.e., how many mg/kg)3. The number of milligrams of ivermectin per ml in the Eqvalan.Figure out how many milligrams of ivermectin your dog needs, then calculate how many mls of the paste will deliver that many milligrams. GET IT RIGHT! No room for error!After you've done all this, then go to the vet and tell him your dog has tapeworms. He'll give you something that will kill the common tapeworms that dogs get because ivermectin won't kill them. If you're wrong and they're not tapeworms, you'll have to go back and get the correct medication for whatever worm(s) your dog has. While you're there, you might want to check on what shots the dog needs and how often it needs them. There IS a monthly pill for fleas, called "Comfortis". It's currently unavailable due to poor management of the company that makes it. It's a great product but you can't get it right now.