Well the dog is still sick i think just help?

I took my baby Capone back to the vet yesterday and the gave me more meds. Albon, Doxycycline,Metoclopramide,Metronidazole, and clavamox. Does anyone know side affects of these meds. Thery didnt run tests they just gave me them. They checked his temp,…

I took my baby Capone back to the vet yesterday and the gave me more meds. Albon, Doxycycline,Metoclopramide,Metronidazole, and clavamox. Does anyone know side affects of these meds. Thery didnt run tests they just gave me them. They checked his temp,…...
    General Dog Discussions : Well the dog is still sick i think just help?...

• Well the dog is still sick i think just help?

Well the dog is still sick i think just help? General Dog Discussions
      I took my baby Capone back to the vet yesterday and the gave me more meds. Albon, Doxycycline,Metoclopramide,Metronidazole, and clavamox. Does anyone know side affects of these meds. Thery didnt run tests they just gave me them. They checked his temp, and listened to his chest and i think intestines. He is still just layin around and not wanting to eat so should i give the meds a couple day or what?Metronidazole for some reason it didnt come up when i typed it. (thats another med they gave me.)even though they did inot run any tests on him them just gave him the meds? i should not take him back to get test or i should?

Well the dog is still sick i think just help? General Dog Discussions
    • Sounds like Capone is very sick. The Albon and Doxycycline are to help him fight infection; the Metoclopramide is for nausea and vomitting; and the Metronidazole is to kill parasites (like giardia and coccidia). Clavamox is a broad spectrum antibiotic (it's a composite of Amoxicillin + clavulanate)Follow the directions on the packaging, and don't stop giving the medication until it's all used up -- even if the dog seems to get better after a few days. His problems can reoccur if the medication isn't given it's full time to work and build up in his system.Make sure he has clean water available to him at all times; it will keep him hydrated and help to flush out the poisons in his system. You can also give him some Pedialyte if you can afford it.To help settle his bowels, try feeding him a bland diet of boiled rice and hamburger. It will fill him up without causing him further upset. When he's feeling better, you can then start rotating his regular dog food back in...For information on side effects you can call your vet or go to www.drugs.com and type in the name of the medications.If he stays on his meds and doesn't have any more complications, he should be as good as new in 7-14 days.Good luck!