How often should I take my dog to the vet for check ups ect.?

I have a 6 month old chi and I had planned to take him to the vet once a year for check ups, other than visitits for shots and things but I was told that I should take him every 6 months? Is this true? If not, how often?Thanks!

I have a 6 month old chi and I had planned to take him to the vet once a year for check ups, other than visitits for shots and things but I was told that I should take him every 6 months? Is this true? If not, how often?Thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : How often should I take my dog to the vet for check ups ect.?...

• How often should I take my dog to the vet for check ups ect.?

How often should I take my dog to the vet for check ups ect.? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 6 month old chi and I had planned to take him to the vet once a year for check ups, other than visitits for shots and things but I was told that I should take him every 6 months? Is this true? If not, how often?Thanks!

How often should I take my dog to the vet for check ups ect.? General Dog Discussions
    • While the dog is young and healthy, once a year is probably enough. As the dog gets older, probably around the age of 7 or 8, maybe twice a year then.Shots are usually only needed once a year, so one trip could cover everything. Get a check up and all needed booster shots in one visit. Then your good until the next year.

• Once a year is fine, unless the dog is on a prescription med that requires blood tests every six months for a refill. When the dog is given it's Rabies vaccination, you will be required to do that again 12 months later, and then again every three years, by law. Most people CHOOSE to do the booster vaccinations every three years too, instead of every year which use to be recommended. There is a LOT to learn about vaccines and over vaccinating. The Rabies is the only vaccine that's required by law. So, depending on where you live, what vaccines you give or don't give might make a difference. Stool checks are a whole different subject.

• Naturopaths don't even do yearly vet visits, except maybe for titer testing. And most of the time they don't even do that. Titer testing is too much to explain. You can google it. Otherwise they only go for emergencies.