What are all the health issues Golden Retrievers could get?

I am thinking about getting a Golden Retriever from a reputable breeder in my area. I would like to know about all the health issues and sicknesses that my dog could from puppy age to adulthood so I can quiz the breeder I am thinking about getting my…

I am thinking about getting a Golden Retriever from a reputable breeder in my area. I would like to know about all the health issues and sicknesses that my dog could from puppy age to adulthood so I can quiz the breeder I am thinking about getting my…...
    General Dog Discussions : What are all the health issues Golden Retrievers could get?...

• What are all the health issues Golden Retrievers could get?

What are all the health issues Golden Retrievers could get? General Dog Discussions
      I am thinking about getting a Golden Retriever from a reputable breeder in my area. I would like to know about all the health issues and sicknesses that my dog could from puppy age to adulthood so I can quiz the breeder I am thinking about getting my puppy through. Also, I would like to know all the preferred shots my puppy should have and what age it will need them. Thank you so much for any information in advance!

What are all the health issues Golden Retrievers could get? General Dog Discussions
    • They can get cancers, all sorts of cancers. Hip dysplasia. They can get GDV or Bloat. Some goldens like to chew on things they arent suppose to and can get intestinal foreign bodies. I seen alot of goldens come and have to get surgeries because they ate a sock or something else. hope this helps. They are great dogs though. ;) i am just telling you from a veterinary setting what issues can arise. It may not happen.

• All large breed dogs are prone to hip dysplasia. An incredible amount of dogs end up with hip dysplasia and need replacements or have limited mobility and pain. A reputable breeder should have the sire and dam tested and make guarantees regarding the health of their puppies. They're also prone to skin allergies which can be a relatively minor issue if you don't ignore the problem. I just give my dog an otc allergy medicine that completely gets rid of his allergies and is absolutely safe for dogs. Some more rare conditions are cataracts, progressive renal atrophy, epilepsy etc. If you plan on boarding your dog or having him/her groomed at a shop you should get kennel cough. Parvo is very important and can be administered at a young age, rabies comes a bit later.

• Every purebred has certain health issues associated with it...the ones listed are right...Ive also worked with a lot of Goldens who end up with seizures/epilepsy later in life (about 5 or so). Call the vet and they can tell you their "puppy" package of shots, deworming and spay/neuter.