What is the best way to move a leopard gecko?

I am driving from chicago to arizona, is it going to be too stressful for him? Is there anything I can do help him through it?

I am driving from chicago to arizona, is it going to be too stressful for him? Is there anything I can do help him through it?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best way to move a leopard gecko?...

• What is the best way to move a leopard gecko?

What is the best way to move a leopard gecko? Other Pet Discussions
      I am driving from chicago to arizona, is it going to be too stressful for him? Is there anything I can do help him through it?

What is the best way to move a leopard gecko? Other Pet Discussions
    • Leopard Geckos are hardy little reptiles. He will be able to stand the moving distance in a repto container. Many pet stores supply them. Just make sure it is plastic with holes, newspaper down, water bowl, & a couple live crickets or mealworms. It is better for the repto container to be atleast 10 x 6 in just to make sure he has enough living space for the ride.I hope that helps!Allissa

• I have traveled with one before, and I put her in a little plastic critter keeper with moist paper towel at the bottom. I fed her the night before we left, and we brought a spray bottle with us to keep her moist and hydrated. She did well. Do remember, that leaopard geckos are cave animals, do not like sunlight, and like damp, cooler places. Not cold, but cooler, like in the 60'6 to 70's. She will need her heat pad for dijesting, so bring it with you and plug her in the hotel at night.

• I have driven with twelve of the guys cross country. They did real well. Just make sure you place them somewhere in the car that allows them to avoid sun if it is to hot and get into the sun if needed. Also, make sure they have water and food. I would place it in a approx. 15 x 6 x 8 in plastic critter box. That's enough for an adult gecko. Make sure there is a hide in there and a water dish. Place paper towels on the bottom, makes it easy to clean on the road.If you don't want the trouble, you could FedEx the animal. In the lab where we studied leos we sent them that way all the time and they did well. (Make sure you make it overnight and poke plenty of holes in the box.) But nonetheless, I didn't want to send my pet ones, and so i took them by car...Have a good and safe trip.