How do you get a kitten to stop biting and scratching me?

I have a seven week old kitten who thinks my hands are toys! Everytime she wants to scratch or bite me, I give her her favourite toy but she ignores it and continues to "play" with my hands. Sometimes she goes from licking my hand to biting me. I have…

I have a seven week old kitten who thinks my hands are toys! Everytime she wants to scratch or bite me, I give her her favourite toy but she ignores it and continues to "play" with my hands. Sometimes she goes from licking my hand to biting me. I have…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you get a kitten to stop biting and scratching me?...

• How do you get a kitten to stop biting and scratching me?

How do you get a kitten to stop biting and scratching me? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a seven week old kitten who thinks my hands are toys! Everytime she wants to scratch or bite me, I give her her favourite toy but she ignores it and continues to "play" with my hands. Sometimes she goes from licking my hand to biting me. I have tried not to use my hands when I play with her.She doesn't really have that much teeth so it only pinches me.

How do you get a kitten to stop biting and scratching me? Other Pet Discussions
    • wear gloves....she is a baby and wants to play, so either get another one or live with it until she grows out of it. Remember cats own you, you don't own them

• im having the same problem with my kitten , let me know when you get a good answer.....ok ive read some of the lameass answers you dorks put down..... you have way to much time on your hands to come up with such crap

• Sounds like your kitten was taken from the mother too soon. She's trying to suckle your finger. Best bet is to get something she can chew on, or get a kitten bottle and liquid food from the vet. If your cat bites you, go the ER immediately. Cat bites are one of the worst bites you can have. You can actually lose a finger. I am NOT kidding - look it up.

• My kitty used to do that, and I used to think it was kinda cute until she drew blood! I found that using my hand to pin her to the gound stopped this behabior rather quickly. Not so hard that your hurt her or break her little neck. Just until she gets that "Oh crud - I messed up" look on her face.

• That's how kittens learn/ play. She's not mature enough to realize that you're not playing along. Either spray her every time she bites but even better make yelping, in pain sounds like a dog, "ow- ow- ow" in a wounded voice. Or in a calm, stern, slightly louder than normal voice, say, "NO!" because you do that enough times she understands that. However, don't use her name or else she'll ignore you when you call her because if you scold her using her name she thinks her name means you're scolding her.

• does it play bite you?you should ask someone how to stop it.if it don't stop put something on your hands the cat don't like and when it tries to bite you it won't because she don't like the thing that's on your hands.

• Use your thumb and middle finger to flick it on the nose every time it hurts you and make some noise - No, Stop, Hey. This is not cruel, it is just like what the mother cat would do when the kittens get overly rambunctious. Then it will learn to associate pain with it's behavior. After a while, all you have to do is threaten and it will stop.