Is it possible for cats to have bulimia like humans do?

Sushi, my baby black cat, eats a lot at one time - she doesn't know any self-control - and then throws it up. I monitor her food but my older cat always try and eat hers so she eats as much as she can so the other won't got into it. Is she jsut eating…

Sushi, my baby black cat, eats a lot at one time - she doesn't know any self-control - and then throws it up. I monitor her food but my older cat always try and eat hers so she eats as much as she can so the other won't got into it. Is she jsut eating…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Is it possible for cats to have bulimia like humans do?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it possible for cats to have bulimia like humans do?

Is it possible for cats to have bulimia like humans do? Other Pet Discussions
      Sushi, my baby black cat, eats a lot at one time - she doesn't know any self-control - and then throws it up. I monitor her food but my older cat always try and eat hers so she eats as much as she can so the other won't got into it. Is she jsut eating too much or has a diease?

Is it possible for cats to have bulimia like humans do? Other Pet Discussions
    • That is just her survival instinct in action. She eats large quantities of food at a time because she is afraid that the other cat will keep her from getting enough food. The throwing up is probably from her eating too much too fast. Try keeping the older cat out of the room until the young cat has finished eating. Eventually, she should see that there is no competition, and stop eating that way.

• Cats do not get bulimia like humans. They do not care if they are fat or not. I would seperate the cats and feed each of them an appropriate amount of food. If its not just because she is eating too much at one time and making herself sick, then you should take her to a vet. It may be that her stomach can't handle the type of food you are feeding her, or she may have a serious medical problem.