What kind of fish go with african cichlids?

I have a 20 gallon with 2 african cichlids, what other kinds of fish can I put with them? Anything that looks like a pacu, maybe?

I have a 20 gallon with 2 african cichlids, what other kinds of fish can I put with them? Anything that looks like a pacu, maybe?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What kind of fish go with african cichlids?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kind of fish go with african cichlids?

What kind of fish go with african cichlids? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a 20 gallon with 2 african cichlids, what other kinds of fish can I put with them? Anything that looks like a pacu, maybe?

What kind of fish go with african cichlids? Other Pet Discussions
    • columbian sharks, and tetras, white ones, i have lots of them and they all live well together, also get a algea eater, never goldfish, they secrete a toxin and will kill your tropical fish, Never mix tropcal with goldfish

• With the variety of african cichlids, why would you want to? African cichlids like the water at pH 8+ - keep that in mind if you are trying to mix other fish... south american cichlids like soft water... Pacu's definitely like soft water...I have seen recommendations to put Synodontis catfish with african cichilds, I don't do that, but I even keep my fish grouped together by lake (I don't mix my Tanganyika with my Malawi cichlids)...