From the point of fertilization, How long does it takes birds to lay eggs and hatch?

I saw two birds gettin' on and I wanted to know How long it takes to have the baby birds.

From the point of fertilization, How long does it takes birds to lay eggs and hatch?

I saw two birds gettin' on and I wanted to know How long it takes to have the baby birds....
    Other Pet Discussions : From the point of fertilization, How long does it takes birds to lay eggs and hatch?...

• From the point of fertilization, How long does it takes birds to lay eggs and hatch?

From the point of fertilization, How long does it takes birds to lay eggs and hatch? Other Pet Discussions
      I saw two birds gettin' on and I wanted to know How long it takes to have the baby birds.

From the point of fertilization, How long does it takes birds to lay eggs and hatch? Other Pet Discussions
    • It depends on the species but ranges from 7 days for the tiniest species upwards to 42 days for Ostriches. Some birds will mate a week before laying begins and then don't start incubating the eggs until the second or third egg is laid. For example: A cockatiel's incubation period is 19-23 days. However they will mate a week before laying and don't sit until the second egg is laid, so the total time between mating and hatching can be 4 or five weeks.Hope that helps :)

• It depends on what type of bird it is, but most likely a few weeks to a month. A pair of mourning doves would come a build a nest in a hanging plant my folks used to have they would have their nest there for a period of time. But every year the desendants(grandkids, great grand kids etc..) would come back and build a nest in the plant. But around the 4th generation they stopped coming for some reason. I WASN'T around to see this since this happend long before I was born. But maybe you should get yourself a guide book on birds. It can possibly tell you how long the whole breeding porcess takes.