How do I know if my dog is finnished growing?

He is half Great Pyranese and half Bloodhound. He is 4-5 months old. He goes to about my knee and he is 45-50 pounds. I was wondering if at his age he still had some growing to do. He's kind of stubby and he has a big head and he's not at all as big…

He is half Great Pyranese and half Bloodhound. He is 4-5 months old. He goes to about my knee and he is 45-50 pounds. I was wondering if at his age he still had some growing to do. He's kind of stubby and he has a big head and he's not at all as big…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I know if my dog is finnished growing?...

• How do I know if my dog is finnished growing?

How do I know if my dog is finnished growing? Other Pet Discussions
      He is half Great Pyranese and half Bloodhound. He is 4-5 months old. He goes to about my knee and he is 45-50 pounds. I was wondering if at his age he still had some growing to do. He's kind of stubby and he has a big head and he's not at all as big as his parents. But I wasn't sure at what age I could expect him to reach his final size. Does anyone know?

How do I know if my dog is finnished growing? Other Pet Discussions
    • My best suggestion is to check online to find the average height and weight, etc. of your type of dog or of the two breeds of his parents. You could also go to a pet shop and ask them or get some books on it.

• Most dogs finish growing by the time they are 1 year so I would wait till then and see. I know my dog I thought he had finished growing at about 8 months but then he had another little spurt before he turned 1 but since then nothing so I think it is right around 1 year.

• Run your finger down his longest ribs. If they are bumpy or knobby, he is still growing. If they are smooth, he has matured.Your breed will keep growing until about 2 years old. He will most likley grow 1-1 1/2 inches after his first birthday.

• My friend had a Great Pyranese and he was a wonderful dog. One of the friendliest I've ever known.Plan on him growing until he is two years old.. He is going to get much, much larger. They are very big dogs.