How long does it take for Snapping turtles eggs to hatch?

On sunday, i happened to witness a mother snapping turtle laying her eggs in the soft sand piles out front. I am sure its a snapping turtle i grew up around them. Not long after she laid her eggs she covered them and left. Now i live in New Jersey and…

On sunday, i happened to witness a mother snapping turtle laying her eggs in the soft sand piles out front. I am sure its a snapping turtle i grew up around them. Not long after she laid her eggs she covered them and left. Now i live in New Jersey and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How long does it take for Snapping turtles eggs to hatch?...

• How long does it take for Snapping turtles eggs to hatch?

How long does it take for Snapping turtles eggs to hatch? Other Pet Discussions
      On sunday, i happened to witness a mother snapping turtle laying her eggs in the soft sand piles out front. I am sure its a snapping turtle i grew up around them. Not long after she laid her eggs she covered them and left. Now i live in New Jersey and the last few days its been in the 90's. I never took care of Snapping turtles, so i dont know the temp they need to be or how long it takes for them to hatch?

How long does it take for Snapping turtles eggs to hatch? Other Pet Discussions
    • Figure about 90 days. If egg predators have not gotten to the nest yet, you can cover the nest with a mesh box or waste-paper basket and weight it down to keep the skunks, foxes, raccoons, etc away. You can remove it to let the hatchlings get out.I'm jealous. I would love to have a bunch of hatchling snappers to raise, at least for a little while.