Can I house a baby alligator lizard and young leopard gecko together?

So far they are not having any problems at all. It's been two days.Thank you all - just needed more proof to all those that disagreed with me. The alligator was a catch in the garden - he will now be set free! Thanks again for confirming!

So far they are not having any problems at all. It's been two days.Thank you all - just needed more proof to all those that disagreed with me. The alligator was a catch in the garden - he will now be set free! Thanks again for confirming!...
    Other Pet Discussions : Can I house a baby alligator lizard and young leopard gecko together?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can I house a baby alligator lizard and young leopard gecko together?

Can I house a baby alligator lizard and young leopard gecko together? Other Pet Discussions
      So far they are not having any problems at all. It's been two days.Thank you all - just needed more proof to all those that disagreed with me. The alligator was a catch in the garden - he will now be set free! Thanks again for confirming!

Can I house a baby alligator lizard and young leopard gecko together? Other Pet Discussions
    • No. They require different habitats and care and may fight. Reptiles should never be kept with other species. If you can't provide each animal with a proper, individual enclosure, don't get more than one.

• NO they require TWO diffrent habatats...lizard.. dampgecko.. dryeven spraying your leo can cause respitroy infectinsnot to mention a leo SHOULD be kept on a solid substrate and the lizard dirt/moss

• Can the moon and sun share a tank?This is for the Alligator:"Captive HabitatKeep in a semi-moist terrarium with ample low climbing facilities and hiding places. Potting soil lightened with cypress mulch or orchid bark, with scattered coverings of sphagnum moss and plants, bark slabs and branches. Keep one area of substrate damp. Provide water bowl easy for lizard to get in and out of.TemperaturesDaytime temperatures should range from 70-80 F (21-26 C), with a basking area of 85-90 F (29-32 C). Nighttime temperatures should drop to 65-75 F (18-24 C). UVB lighting required, or regular access to unfiltered sunlight."http://www.anapsid.org/gerrhont.htmlOkay, Leos are nocturnal, and arid. The Alli needs moist and UVB.So... does that answer the question? They require two totally different habitats, and it is never a good idea to house different species together, especially species which hail from different geographical regions of the world. They don't have compatable bacteria, etc.I suggest that you google the animals you own (which should have been done before you got them) and stop making one or both suffer, due to improper housing.I hope this has been helpful, and good luck with your pets.